Wednesday, May 2, 2007

a splendid evening to remember - 22nd Sept 2006

22nd Sept 2006 - is really THE evening to remember, coz that i should say its my BIGGEST organised event as MUSA Activities Chairperson 2006! The venue - being Palace of the Golden Horses. Just face it. You and I love being treated like royalty. So, this year's Monash Ball brings you - Royale Escapade. It was such a magnificent evening for me, being the chairperson, more like of the proudest moment ever with attendees over 750 people.

The GRAND AND ROYALE setting of the stage and the ballroom


The podium on the stage


In case you're wondering, yes.. i did hv to give a speech, in fact was the first speech of the evening, i was god damn nervous, thanks bro for giving me such encourgement..

Oh well, the day before i was very scared that things would go wrong and all, so there was a friend who told me, quoted "Nat, dont worry so much of 2mr, you put in your best in organising yr stuff, take a good nite beauty sleep and be THE celebrity of the day, as it is going to be MY night.. and no one and nth should ruin it" (thanks dear, for giving me such support, i owe u big one) coz yes, i told his words, and true enough everything went on splendidly the nite itself, despite the event starting late like 8+, and I was being wanted here and there the whole nite.... geez


Okay, let me now show you my wonderful (read:good looking) guests of the evening, come table partners a.k.a VERY GOOD friends:

(From L-R) B: Steph & Ken, F: Teoh, Klev and Me

if i could choose all over again my table partners, i would hv chose this same bunch of fun and happening ppl, bcoz they gave me the best company and support the whole nite.... thanks to bro for being there when i need u to and attending this event of mine though u nvr ever attend uni events b4, this being ur very first, hope u enjoyed very much, to teoh - despite you not knowing anyone here, jus the 4 of us.. heee. to ken - u supported me all de way from the beginning, from listening to my non-stop complaints, to going all de way down kl to get stuff..without ur help and support, i might not hv done it as well i did....to steph - glad u make it all de way from metro.... hope the 4 of u enjoyed the night as much as i did...

Just in case ur wondering how come these ppl are the best company, look at the crazy 'cute' looks on the face, really hungry, but still can catch a good look on the cam hor? dont u agree that they are just purely photogenic?



and yes, i got to take pic with two really smart (read: good looking) guys, with my friends all asking me, who are my hot dates of the evening?


and who could forget, the leng luis of the nite (L-R: KC, XiaoYun,Me,JiaQi,Kat&Crystal!) dont u agree we looked absolutely stunning?

i thank KC, JQ and Cryst for giving such a brilliant and well received opening act! You guys rocked to the max.. and for JQ which gave us such a sweet ballad... despite us not understanding the language of the song, but we could feed the romance is in the air, this good friend of mine had been there for those times i needed her, and i thank her for that! also to her sis XiaoYun who came along to the ball...thanks.... and kat? Yes, i do remember our dresses resembled so simillarly.....:)

(L-R: zen, steph, me and preston).. thanks so much to zen and preston for making it back to this event despite graduated and working already. it really gave me the support i needed, also to dutt way which smsed me good luck despite not making it to the event.



Dan & Me - one of my closest buddy in MUSA, i really thank him for helping me out so much and all, and to top it up, he is ONE great friend, as he always had been.



To my ball committee: Thank You for lending a great helping hand, the ball could not be such a success without the assistance and leadership qualities and responsibility you possed... with all respect, nth could have happened without having such a strong and wonderful team to work with! :)



and lastly, special thanks to MUSA 2006 for lending in support and showering good team work effort in making this event a success! (Eric, ur such a wonderful president to work with as well a great friend, you deserved my respect, Shirley being the vice, always there to give brilliant advice, Michael such a wonderful treasurer to approve my budgets and of coz being at my side, Gerel Tan Gen Sec approving my late submission of reports. Dims, Dahlia and Jonahtan - u guys are there for me to count on.. and everyone else in chipping in this success of this ball.. thanks so much.... yes, i remember the night after the ball... and all after that, it was very much worth it, you noe?

p/s - really like to thank mr lee chyn wey for being in charge of the sounds and lighting of the night! it was all good i tell you, got load of compliments.. as well as to mr farn rong who assisted me all the way during the event, as well as being there to ensure everything went well, you did well! also, to the ball sponsors, thank you for ur support... to all my friends who believed in me, i hope i did not disappoint you...and most importantly, i thank all of you who attended Monash Ball 2006... hope u had a great nite

1 comment:

macK said...

congratulations nat :)